Thursday, April 11, 2013

North Carolina Here We Come!

The first trip I ever took with my husband was before we were married and with his family up to their cabin home in North Carolina!  


We look so young!! LoL

It was seriously one of the BEST trips I've ever taken (besides our honeymoon in Jamaica) and we've been back a couple of times after that.  Now that I'm a stay at home momma we'll be able to go up there a lot more, which is so exciting!  We will be making our first trip up with Hunter in a few days, so hopefully he will do good on the almost 9 HOUR trip up there ...YIKES! Your prayers are appreciated ;o)

  


Isn't their cabin just beautiful?!  It's so rustic and old fashioned, I just love it!  It's so nice being up in the mountains and just being able to get away from everything.  When you're up there all of your stress just seems to melt away.  You're removed from all the hustle and bustle and chaos of your normal life and just get to relax with family!  I'm so excited to bring Hunter up there and for him to get to experience the joy of true country living as he grows up and gets older.  My husband and I really hope this cabin will be something that stays in the family for generations to come :o)


My brother-in-law and his beautiful family live up in North Carolina, so it's always so great to see and spend time with them when we go up there!

North Carolina is truly one of the most beautiful places (in my opinion) in the country!  When we go up in the summer, we love to take the boat out on Lake Nantahala.  It is absolutely GORGEOUS!!  The water is so clear, crisp and refreshing (unlike majority of the lakes here in FL)!




 I told you it was beautiful ;o)

We're going to be up there for a little over a week and I could not be more excited!  Just as the FL weather is starting to get hot and humid again, I'll be going up the mountains where it's in the high 60's during the day and low 40's at night ...PERFECT!!! 

I hope all of you are having a great week and I can't wait to get back and tell you all about our trip :o)

5 comments:

  1. Have a great vacation!! Please fill me in on traveling with a baby long distance... in June we have a 6.5 hour drive to Ocean City so I am curious to see what we have to look forward too ;)

    Save travels!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to get up there! So far, the longest trip he's take was 3.5 hours and he did GREAT! Thank goodness he likes car rides ...hopefully that won't change any time soon! LoL I'll let you know how he does on this trip :o)

      Delete
  2. Laura....you are so blessed to be a stay-at-home mommy. It's having the freedom to be able to get away with your family and create lasting memories. I can't wait to be a stay-at-home grandma so we can take these fun trips too. Give my sweet boy a BIG hug for me since I won't be able to see him before y'all leave. Have fun and send me lots of pictures. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you all could hang with us a little bit. :) "Baby Hunter" is just a sweet little cupcake! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad we were able to hang out with you guys a few times before we had to come back down to hot, humid FL! I just love how Calvin calls him "Baby Hunter"! He's just too cute! Love y'all and can't wait to see you again!

      Delete