Monday, April 8, 2013

Nailed It!

Thanks to Pinterest, I have found the BEST, easiest, fastest and most effective way to remove nail polish!  

I was bored one day and organizing my Pinterest boards and came across this little gem of a tutorial and figured I'd give it a try!  I've always loved painting my nails, but dreaded when I had to remove it.  It was always SUCH a pain!  I would end up using a TON of cotton balls and wind up getting the stain from the nail polish all over my fingers ...no bueno :o(  It would usually take me anywhere from 15-20 minutes to take my nail polish off, whereas this nifty little method only takes me 5 minutes tops!

Ok, so here's what you're going to need...


A bottle of nail polish remover and a cotton ball.  I recommend pure acetone because it's what the salon's use and it really seems to get the job done.  I've had this bottle for about 4 years and I paid a little over $1 for it Walmart ...talk about a bargain ;o)  And you have to use a cotton BALL, not cotton buds, pads or tissues or else it won't work.

So, what you're going to do is unravel the cotton ball into a long strip.  It should be pretty easy considering they make the cotton ball by rolling it up into a spiral.


Now tear the strip vertically down the middle into 2 strips.  You're saving yourself some serious money here!



Now you're going to take one of the strips and tear it into little nail-sized pieces.  I usually end up getting about 15 little pieces from one strip.  I use the extras to clean up any excess nail polish.

(Sorry for the crappy picture quality.  Bathroom lighting is no good for picture taking!)


Now that you have your little cotton pieces ready to go, pour some nail polish remover into the cap from the bottle.  Dip the cotton piece into the nail polish remover.  You don't need to dunk it in there because the remover will travel up the cotton piece and absorb it up pretty quickly.  If you do, you'll have nail polish remover running all down your hands and arms ...trust me ;o)  After you've dipped the cotton piece into the remover press it onto your nail ...lather, rinse repeat until you've done this to all of your nails and then let it sit on there for about 1 minute.


Then take one of your extra cotton pieces and dip it into the remover and start wiping the little cotton pieces off of your nails from your nail bed to the nail tip and PRESTO!


These are my nails after just ONE swipe!  

After you've taken all of the cotton pieces off of your nails, you can take another one of your extra pieces and go around the edges of your nails to remove any nail polish that was left behind. And now you have beautiful clean nails that took less than 5 minutes and you only used half of a cotton ball!  Aaaaand you still have an entire strip left over for the next time you want to clean your nails!  I don't think you can get any cheaper than that folks ;o)  

The first time I tried this method I couldn't believe how well it worked!  I hope you all enjoyed this little tutorial and that it works as well for you as it did for me!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this bc removing nail polish could be #2 on my biggest pet peeve list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I completely agree!! Now thanks to this new handy method, I change my nail color A LOT more often now :o) LoL Let me know how it works out for you!

      Delete