Friday, August 2, 2013

Summertime Favorites!

Here in Florida it's practically summer almost the entire year, which I'm sure you "Northerner's" must think is an absolute dream come true ...FALSE!!!  While it can be fun, it can also be complete torture!  Especially when your favorite season is fall and it pretty much doesn't feel like fall until January/February!  But, I digress ...here in the good 'ol sunshine state we need to be prepared (especially with a baby)!  So, I've compiled a list of some of my summertime favorites for our little guy.

one . two . three . four . five . six . seven . eight

1. Badger Chamomile & Calendula Baby Sun Cream SPF 30 ($16).  We found this little treasure at Whole Foods and saw that it was on sale so we decided to try it out.  We absolutely LOVE it!!  It provides great protection and goes on nice and thick, but it's so smooth and easy to rub in (which if you have a child, you know it's not fun trying to wrangle them down to put sunscreen on them)!  I find that I only have to apply it once every 1-2 hrs which is super nice and it smells like chamomile tea ...BONUS!!!

2. Carter's Sunglasses ($4).  I picked up these cute little sunglasses at Target (shocker)!  They don't bother Hunter at all!  He will keep these on all day without whining or trying to take them off of his face.  They are a super dark tint which is very important to protect my little guy's baby blues :o)  And you can't beat the price ...gotta love Target!

3. & 4. iExtreme Infant Rashguard ($13) and Circo Infant Boy's Swim Trunks ($8).  These super cute summertime essentials were also purchased at Target (I would seriously go there every day if I could!)

5. Baby Banz UPF 50 Adjustable and Reversible Bucket Hat ($19).  I actually received this awesome hat as part of my July Stork Stack.  They're called Baby Banz because it "Banz" the sun's harmful rays from your little one's noggin!  Talk about adorable!

6. Huggies Little Swimmers Swim Diapers ($10).  These little swim diapers are awesome!  They are super easy to get on and off and they don't bulk up and explode onto your child like regular diapers do.  I especially love to use them if we're just getting into our pool for a quick dip and don't feel like trying to pin him down to put on his swim trunks! LoL  And if you go on their website you can get a coupon to save $1!  Score!

7. Swimways Sun Canopy Float ($15). TARGET!  TARGET! TARGET! LoL  This float is just great!  Hunter fits in it perfectly and it supports him great on all sides because of how wide all the sides are!  I never have to worry about him leaning too much one way and tipping over.  It also has a removable plastic sun canopy for extra protection!  I love watching him in this float because his little legs just start kicking away and he takes off all around the pool!  He's like a little duck! LoL :o)

8. Baby Einstein Exersaucer ($90).  This was actually a "hand-me-down" from a friend.  We love to take the boat out on the weekends and this is great for the boat!  We just sit him down in it either in the boat or on the sand and it's hours of entertainment for him ...which is a nice break for this momma's arms :o)


He seriously LOVES this thing!! :o)

So what are some of your favorite summertime essentials??  I hope y'all are having a fabulous and relaxing weekend!






1 comment:

  1. Love this! That would really bum me out to not have fall until after Christmas, haha!! The PNW has amazing seasons and fall is my fave! Maybe you should move here!! ;) xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete