Monday, June 10, 2013

Stork Stack {June Review}

We've received another delivery from the stork and just like the others it is AWESOME and does not disappoint!


This month's theme was Picnic Party!  Since the first day of summer is in the month of June, it's the perfect theme!  In my book, summer is all about the picnics, BBQ's and outdoor activities!!  


So lets took a look inside and see what we got :o)



Animal Jalopies

This super cute wooden turtle is from Tree Hopper Toys. They are a family-owned toy maker on the outskirts of Chicago. Using American hardwoods to handcraft their line of distinctive toys that curious children love!  I let Hunter try playing with it, but this toy might be a little too hard for him to play with now. He loves to hit himself in the face with every toy right now ...really hoping that's a phase! LoL 



Moisturizing Cleansing Cloths

These luxurious moisturizing cleansing cloths are from Susan Brown's Baby and are designed to give you the ultimate in gentle cleansing. They're enriched with First Skin Emollient Complex, a dermatologist tested array of rich botanical moisturizers including shea, moringa, coca, and jojoba butters.  They are also oil free, chlorine free, dermatologist tested and hypoallergenic!!!  That definitely gives this organic momma peace of mind using them on my sweet little babe :o)  Besides all of that good stuff, they have been able to bottle up the smell of a newborn baby and package it into these wipes!!!  I just love the smell of a new baby ...who doesn't?!



Teething Feeder

I was super excited when I saw this little teething feeder from Sassy Baby in our stack!  Hunter will be starting on solid foods within the month and I can't wait to try it out!!



Baby Paper

Whoever came up with this next toy is an absolute GENIUS!!!  As soon as I took it out of the box I thought to myself, "Baby Paper?!  Now this is one of those ideas I'm mad that I didn't come up with!".  It's something so simple, but something that babies absolutely love and will provide hours of endless entertainment for them!  It's small enough for little fingers to grasp and made of a soft material that has a crinkly, paper sound when touched.  This is definitely Hunter's new favorite toy :o)



Roasted Seaweed Sheets  

A special treat just for mom :o)  These snacks are from GimMe Health Foods.  Their daughter came up with the name GimMe because "gim" means seaweed in Korean and because everyone says "gimme more!" after tasting these delicious little treats! LoL  These snacks are the first and only seaweed products on the planet to be certified organic and verified Non GMO.  I haven't personally tried them yet, but I absolutely LOVE seaweed salad, so I have no doubt that I will love these as well :o)

This concludes another AWESOME Stork Stack!  I look forward to the beginning of every new month, not only because that's when my little guy turns another month older and I get to watch him learn and grow even more, but that I also get another wonderful delivery full of goodies for both of us from the amazing people at StorkStack!!  It's seriously worth the membership and believe it or not, I think it actually helps me save money by not going out and buying Hunter new toys all the time :o) 

I hope you all are having a great start to the week!!






2 comments:

  1. Looks like some good stuff!! So as a fellow organic mama do you find that the majority stuff is organic or atleast natural and not full of all of the nasty stuff? I'm struggling with going overboard on being too crazy about getting the chemicals out of house!! Just started making my own detergent and cleaning supplies, wohoo! But really I need to find a balance, ha! Now I'm all freaked out about the toys, oh dear.

    Oh so what diapers/wipes do you use!! I tried Earth's Best since I love amazon subscribe and save but am thinking of maybe trying Honest Co, they seem pretty spendy though.

    Xoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's definitely some good stuff in the stacks! And I do find that pretty much all of the items that we receive in our stacks are completely natural, organic and environmentally safe for our little guy! It's super hard not to get carried away when trying to keep your household safe and free of all those toxic chemicals. I just find myself using my best judgment and listening to my gut instinct when using cleaning products. And I've also started making my own household cleaners from vinegar and hydrogen peroxide! It's non-abrasive, safe and free of any nastiness so your little one isn't coming in contact with any chemicals. And it works like oxi clean! And when buying toys, I really try to make sure that everything is made in the good 'ol USA ;o) LoL

    Diapers was something that I had to concede on ...I use Huggies and their all natural wipes. I find that they are the best fit for him and are super absorbent! We rarely have any blowouts or accidents :o) I think that the Honest Co. is awesome, but definitely too expensive for me. If you want to, I would definitely sign up for a free trial discovery kit. You just have to pay for S&H. It's a good way to see if you really like their product :o)

    ReplyDelete